Partner and Head of Corporate & Commercial Minchin and Kelly
Cell: +267 72332201cell
- LLB (cum laude), University of Pretoria, 2009
- Certificate in Islamic Commercial Law, CIMA, 2014
- LLM Commercial, UNISA – On-going
- Law Society of Botswana
- Botswana Qualifications Authority, Accredited Law Lecturer: 2010
- Attorney: 2011
- Drafting, reviewing and advising extensively on various transactional documents including lease agreements, sale agreements, share sale and share purchase agreements, share subscription agreements, distribution agreements, loan agreements, joint venture agreements and construction agreements, as well as conducting various due diligence investigations.
- Advising on the different corporate formations available in Botswana, the distinctions between same and advising clients on the most suitable corporate identity for their entity.
- Advising on company conversions, including conversion of an external company to a local subsidiary, conversion of a foreign company into a local entity and conversion of a close company into a private company.
- Advising a number of companies intending to set up in Botswana on Botswana tax law, including advice on corporate taxation, tax reliefs, double taxation agreements, exemptions on tax and special tax regimes.
- Advising on competition law aspects of transactions.
- Advising on private equity transactions.
- Advising international insurance companies on the transacting of international business in Botswana and the regulatory regime.
- Providing advice to international companies on employment of non-citizens (compliance requirements), employee quotas and general aspects on the law regulating the relationship between an employer and an expatriate employee.
- Drafting employee policies including the harassment policy, HIV policies, internet policies, prohibition of discrimination policy, remuneration policy and disciplinary procedures policies.
- Advising international and local clients on the licensing requirements with respect to telecommunication licences (including radio and cellphone licences) as licensed by the Botswana Communications Regulatory Authority.
- Advising on collective investments regulation, clearing and settlement systems registration and regulation in Botswana.