MAIN AREAS OF LAW
Terence is the Managing Partner for Minchin & Kelly, and the head of the Real Estate practice which provides legal advice and support on all major property as well as mining transactions the firm deals with. He provides support on various large commercial transactions particularly in the area of property, mining and energy.
Some of the most notable examples of Terence’s work were advising the power utility in the first Independent Power Producer agreement in Botswana, both on the contractual side and on the property aspect of the agreement between Botswana power Corporation and Debswana Mining Company.
Terence’s clients vary across all industries including; Botswana Development Corporation, Debswana Mining Company, Morupule Coal Mine, Botswana Power Corporation, Barclays Bank, Marubeni Corporation, Steag Energy Services, Posco Energy, eMedia Investments, First National Bank, Sandfire Resources NL, Botswana Oil (Pty) Limited, Hatch and Phakalane Estates (Pty) Ltd
Terence joined Minchin & Kelly in 1989 as a professional assistant, became a partner in 1993 and was appointed managing partner in 2006.
- LLB, University of Botswana (1989)
- Year of admission as an attorney: 1989
- Year of admission as an conveyancer: 1991
- Year of admission as a notary public: 1992
- Law Society High Court Liaison Committee: Chairman (2007 to date)
- Judicial Services Commission (2007-2009)
- Confederation of Africaine de Football (CAF) Legal Affairs and Player Statutes Committee (2004 to 2012)
- Kalahari Conservation Society – Executive Member (1998 to date)
- Loapi Holdings (Pty) Ltd – Chairman (1997 to date)
- Kabelano Charity Trust – Chairman (1995 to date)
- Botswana Football Association: National Executive Committee Member and Legal Advisor (2001-2006)
- Young African Leaders: United States Information Service International Visitors Program (1992)
- Lawyers Adhoc Committee for the drafting of the Legal Practitioners Act: Secretary (1993)
- Botswana Investment & Trade Centre Board Member (2012 to date)
- DLA Piper Africa Board member